An April "Frost" April 15 2015
"The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day.
When the sun is out and the wind is still,
You're one month on in the middle of May.
But if you so much as dare to speak,
a cloud come over the sunlit arch,
And wind comes off a frozen peak,
And you're two months back in the middle of March."
~ Robert Frost, Two Tramps in Mud Time, 1926
It is April! And just to avoid confusion with the dreaded April 1st holiday, we decided to delay the blog a bit in order to make sure you know that there is absolutely no fooling going on.
March, and the first half of April have been fantastic. Our booth at the Port Orchard Public Market has been well received, and we have enjoyed seeing so many of you there. But as the year blooms, so do our other locations!
Our booths at the various farmers’ markets are coming into season, and we’d like to remind you where, and when, you can see us!
- Bremerton Farmer’s Market – Every Thursday from 4pm-7pm, from May 7th through October 15th at Evergreen Park, in Bremerton
- Poulsbo Farmer’s Market – Every Saturday from 9am-2pm, from April through December in the parking lot of the Poulsbo Village Medical/Dental Center (Corner of NE Iverson St & 7th Ave NE in Poulsbo)
- Port Orchard Public Market – Every day from 11am-7pm
In addition to our regularly scheduled market days, we also participate in special events. Here’s what we have coming up:
- Port Orchard Public Market’s Oysterfest– Saturday, April 18th from 11am to 4pm
- Rhododendron Arts & Crafts Fair – Saturday & Sunday, May 9th-10th, from 10am to 5pm (Madison St & Water St – Downtown Port Townsend)
Stay tuned for further announcements on market openings and special events!
And finally, as we received such a great response on our last blog for the secret code-word; we’ve decided to do it again! This time, in honor of Robert Frosts’ poem ‘Two Tramps in Mud Time,” we’ve decided that if you mention the name “Robert Frost,” at either the Poulsbo Market or the Port Orchard Market at any visit through the end of April, that we will give you a 10% discount on your purchase.
It’s our way of thanking you, our loyal customers for supporting our business, and taking the time to read these blogs. We really appreciate it, and you.